Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm still alive !!

HELLOOOOO. IS ANYBODY THERE??? DON'T GIVE UP ON ME!! I'M HERE. BEEN GONE AWHILE BUT I'M STILL HERE! You know, I had a blog in the making shortly after we came home from Balch Springs. We had gone to visit Mandy and Andrew and celebrate Ashlyn's 2nd b'day. We had such a wonderful time. It was an awesome week-end. The 'elder' Elms' were there also.
Well, I had pictures I wanted to share. But I just couldn't seem to get them where I wanted them to be sooo I just put it all aside and tho't. I'd give up on blogging. Well, still gotta work on the "picture thing," but I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED. lol
I've been busy and just haven't had time for tutorials. lol
My mother's 80th b'day reception was a hugh success. (I don't have pictures to post yet. I was too busy that day to take pictures and the ones given to me were a little blurry) I would say between 85 and 100 people came to help celebrate. My girls, Mandy and Stephanie, were such so wonderful to help me. Couldn't have pulled it off without them. My sister, Kathy, didn't get to come until late Fri. night. A long trip for her for such a short stay. The State Representative for that area stopped by with a framed commemoration in honor of mother's special day. Also, Kentucky's governor, Steven Beshear called her with well wishes for the day. He is from our hometown so we have known him many yrs. I was so surprised he took the time to give her a call.
When I got home I had to kick in with praise singer practices getting ready for TWC. It's gonna be a great conf. Sis. Russo and the committee that works with her put much time, energy and prayers into this event. I really do covet your prayers. The older I get the more "anxious" (?) I get. Please say a little extra prayer for me and all those wonderful people who are helping me.
Sorry there are no pictures to share this time. Lord willing, after ladies' conf. I'll get a refresher course. And, by the way, I haven't had time to even take that new telescope outside, yet.
I know I'm talking your leg off but it's been a while since we visited. Love you all. Thanks for your prayers and just being my friend.

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a nice surprise to see your name appear on my google reader! I enjoyed your chattering and I look forward to hearing much more! Have a wonderful day with Dad tomorrow you both deserve it!!! Love and Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy's sentiments are mine. What a nice surprise to see your name on my reader! In fact just yesterday I thought surely I had your link wrong and had missed a post. I went to your blog and there were no posts. :(
    We aren't giving up on you. Blog when you can! Looking forward to TWC. I'll see you there!

    Happy Valentine's Day to you and Bro. Orange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear your "ramblings". :) I feel for you about Ladies Conference. I am doing the music for the Western District Ladies Conference and am just a little anxious my self. I will pray for you. You pray for me, okay? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Ramblings" they may be, but I love them still. I didn't think you talked too much... but then you know me. 8)

    You'll do a wonderful job at TWC; I just wish I could be there with you. It's been a long time since I got to attend a ladies conference.

    Glad I got to see you for at least a few hours in KY. The reception for Mom was a huge success, thanks to you and the girls. I'm sorry I wasn't there earlier to be with you and to be of more help to you; the distance between us hindered prior help as well.

    Love from your favorite Sis... oh, that's right. I'm your only Sis... in the natural anyway.

    ReplyDelete