Monday, January 5, 2009

Heaven came down !!!

I've been reading your week-end posts and was so blessed, I just wanted to share a "slice" of our week-end.

I cannot remember when the glory of God filled the house more powerfully than it did yesterday. The presence of the Lord was so strong from the opening chorus. Then, my husband preached a masterpiece about our relationship with God. "Living the good life," was his title. We, the church, definitely are living the good life!! As God does so many times, he led Darrell in a direction within the message to caution us about "lazy worship." I'm not gonna try to re-preach it but I'm tellin' you it was a message that will change our outlook on worship. Not going into the detail but take a second look at the story of the moneychangers in the temple and Jesus' anger. Was His anger only directed at the moneychangers? or those who were purchasing, as well? 'nuff said.
We had moved from the altar service to the place of being dismissed. Then Bro. Marshall asked if I would sing one more chorus before dismissal. We sang and worshipped a little more. Then, as you know, it was one of those times when you just wind things down and go ahead to dismiss. But the worship wasn't over and God wasn't finished. There was a small group left after being dismissed. The music started up once again and the praise continued in such a heavenly manner. I was enthralled. I truly cannot describe the glory that was in that place!! Even now, tears fill my eyes as I think how great our great God is. I know you, too, have experienced this type of church service. No need to try to furthur describe it.

Part of our excitement was a lady friend (probably in her early 40s), who has been backslidden for a few yrs. and had lost her husband in a car accident, being in church yesterday with her 3 daughters and new husband. Kenny told my husband he had been a teacher in a denominal church . . . UNTIL he began to teach about the outward expression of worship. I'm sure you can guess what happened. He was dismissed from his class. After such an awesome service (and they stayed to the very end), he told my husband, "this is what we've been looking for." They were back last night. Another tremendous service. Afterwards, my husband said I'm sure you have a lot of questions. His reply was yes, and if you can answer them then we've found ourselves a new home.!! We are so excited!!

2009 is off to a great start!!

love ya'll

12 comments:

  1. It is always wonderful to hear of what God is doing in all places. Thank you for sharing this! These are the kind of post that bring a smile not only to the face but to the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your kind words! I am enjoying your 'slices' as well. A little birdy told me that I beat you and your husband to actually being in a service in Balch Springs! lol Anyway... we had great church there yesterday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news! Could just feel the presence of God while reading your post. Isn't he good?

    Mandy sent me your blog address and I'm so glad she did! I enjoy being able to catch up with friends and EA allowed me to reconnect with "little" Mandy. Doesn't time fly?

    Please tell your hubby hello for me and I do covet your prayers. Cancer still shows in my spleen but per the PET scan in Oct/2008 none of the cancer is active. I will start Ritauxen infusions at the end of January to keep the cancer at bay & to keep my immune system healthy. I know God has already answered so many prayers and no one can tell me my good results aren't from prayer. He is awesome! Love you all! Linda Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another Awesome report! As I said on Mandy's blog ... I love reading the good reports and what I feel when reading them! God is an Awesome God, He still reigns on the Throne of Heavenly places. I love experiencing the services as you described.
    Love you much ... your sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I don't know how God does it all but I suppose that's what makes Him God! He was in our services and blessed and touched and then to think He was just as present in yours. What a might God we serve! I am totally excited about the new couple! I pray Dad has the right answers...LOL I know he will have the "right" answers I just pray they are hungry to hear it!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am enjoying your blog. I love the family picture. Blessings for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, it is wonderful hearing from you after so many yrs. You mentioned "little Mandy," you should see "baby Phillip," lol he's 6'4" , married with 2 sons. can you believe it? so sorry to hear of your illness. We will keep you in our prayers. Please stay in touch. Tell all your family we said hello.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your kind comments.

    Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! I rejoice with you! God is doing great things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT JOB SWEETY. i LOVE YOU AND ALL YOU ARE DOING.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds wonderful! Sounds as though God is definately pouring out His blessings! Thanks for youe nice comments!

    ReplyDelete